Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lessons Learned from Lydibug Day 16


Contentment is a hard thing.  Achieving contentment can give you satisfaction, peace, and harmony in your life.  One thing that I found is you must focus your eyes on our Heavenly Savior and not take them off.  Things of this world are going to get in your way and rob you of this contentment.

 

Lydia has such a great disposition of being happy right where she is.  I understand that she is young and has not had the pleasure of this world to influence her.  However, what I can learn from her is to see her happy right where she is.  She has full contentment of being herself.

 

If I am not content where I am at today, I rob myself of the blessings that God has in store for me today.  I have robbed myself of the beauty that today has to offer.  If I am not content where I am at, I can never fully appreciate what has been given to me.

 

If I spend my time longing for what I had in the past, for making things to go back to how they once were, I rob myself of my future.  I cannot fully see what God has intended for me.  I cannot fully take in every opportunity, every blessing, every hardship, and every lesson that God wants me to learn.  I am missing where God has me placed right now. 

 

If I spend my time looking for the future, trying to change where God has me, dreaming of a life that does not match my current life in any way shape or form, HUGE contentment sets in on me.  I can no longer look at my life and say it is OK.  I can no longer be content because I am longing for more.  Again I rob myself of where God has me right now.

 

If I look at Lydia, she is completely happy with where she is all of the time.  She is happy and content with the life that God gave her.  I have a whole lot to learn from her yet, but I am so thrilled that God has opened my eyes to this.

 

It is not wrong to dream, but I need to remember that I have to bring glory to God.  I need to remember that it is His Will and not mine.  If I completely submit myself to Him and allow Him, I will be content in this place.  In many ways I feel like learning this lesson has made me the richest person around.  He is all that I need and when my eyes are focused upward I can find peace and rest; contentment in this place we call life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment