Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lessons Learned from Lydibug Day 17


Lydia has taught me how to look past outward appearances and focus on the inward one.  She has taught me how to disregard what society has said and focus on what is important, our inside beauty.  This is really hard for me because I am a very judgmental person.  I think just being able to reveal that to myself is a step in the right direction.

 

I ask everyone not to pass judgment on my daughter; however, I am doing the same thing many times to others.   I look at how they are dressed, how they act, what they are saying, their actions, and I judge.  I think if we are all honest with ourselves, we all do that to some degree.  But I am doing exactly what I am asking others not to do with my daughter.

 

It is tough.  There always seems to be something that does not fit my idea or the way I think it should be.  However, I do not have to judge.  I can accept that our ideas are different and I can look past that into their heart and love them for that.  I can give them the benefit of the doubt more often.

 

I find myself now trying very hard to look for the good rather than the bad.  I see Lydia and it does not matter what the appearance is, she finds good in everyone.  She has a smile for everyone; even the least likely of suspects.  She has a way of just showing pure love and joy.

 

I pray that God would continue to work on my heart in this area.  I pray that God would continue to allow me to open my heart and allow me to be less judgmental and more loving.  The world would be a better place if that were so. 

 

I don’t mean to say that I have to leave what I believe to be true, to deny my beliefs; but I don’t have to pass judgment in a bad way.  I don’t have to point out other people’s faults because most likely I am an offender in that judgment too.

 

Judgment is a hard thing and is terrible.  Just as I don’t want my daughter to feel the wrath of others looking at her and passing a judgment before they get to know her, I don’t want to do the same thing.  She has a love, openness for everyone.  I need to be more like her.  Oh Lord keep working on me, I am a complete work in process and have such a long way to go.  Thank you for sending me this gift of Lydia to learn some very important life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment